Since I have arrived in Brazil on Sunday, it has been a non stop whirlwind of traveling, visiting, seeing and learning. As a result, it has been near IMPOSSIBLE to find the time to write in my blog. But tonight, I am making the time to post up a slide show of some of my photos (you can see them on the right in the sidebar). Due to my busy schedule, for right now, I am just going to give a snippet of what has been happening from the time I left NYC. Here goes:
- Learned some basic portuguese from a Brazilian woman named Alice who sat next to me during the flight.
- Arrived safely into Rio de Janeiro with all my luggage and without any drama with customs :)
- Saw my friend Fernanda who I have not seen since 2008, who was there with her fiance Marcelo and her friends, Vania & Ana.
- Drove through the city of Rio where Carnival was alive and kicking.
- Went to Sugarloaf Mountain, which is a peak where you can see a spectacular view of the city.
- Due to long line, we decided to climb up the mountain (with lack of sleep, this was not an easy task... still shocked that I did it).
- Took a LOT of pictures from pretty much every angle of the mountain because the view was THAT amazing.
- There were monkeys everywhere.
- After climbing down, we headed home. On the way, we stopped to eat at a restaurant called Paludo, which is right across the street from a beach.
- Arrived at Vania's house which she built and designed herself (don't worry, pictures are coming)...
Well, that is just the first day.. I still have to tell you about Carnival, Copacabana and so much more. But, I am wiped out.. Hope you enjoy the photos of some of views and the beauty that is in Rio :)